I never did realize just how trashy people are...until I got to manage a car wash. I suddenly became the lucky person who gets to pick up after everyone who visits the wash. At fist I didn't think it was to bad but as a year has flown by I have come to realize just how trashy people really are.
Here are my pet peeves.
People will pull up to vacuum their car out and instead of picking up all their trash off the floors/seats and throwing it away before vacuuming they turn the vacuum on and then start vacuuming and simply toss said trash out onto the ground. We have trash cans set next to each vacuum. It would only take a second to place trash into it...but do they? NOPE. This is most common with people from mid 30's on down. Most older people seem to have learned how to clean up after themselves as a child and continue to follow that practice.
Smokers and chewers. They never used to bother me until now. Why is it they do not see throwing their butt on the ground as not littering? I have to sweep up at least 50 of these butts a day. I did not know what chew spit looked like before this job and for quite some time I thought it was poop from a really sick bird. It wasn't until I watched a man spit about 10 times while cleaning his car and then cleaning up right after him that I realized all this sick bird poop was really tobacco spit. YUCK. The stuff stains cement too. What gross habits! Not fun to clean up after.
Another pet peeve is trucks and the auto wash. We have a nice big wash that allows full size pickups to run through it. I wish it were a mini wash that only allowed little cars. lol. We have the big trucks pull into it BEFORE cleaning out all their beer cans, drink cups, boxes and other assortments of junk in the truck bed. I guess they figure they don't need to worry about it because the car wash will just blow it all out onto the ground. Sheesh. I even placed trash bins next to the entrance with a sign that asks them to remember to throw their trash away before entering the wash but I guess none of these people can read.
Some people for some strange reason also mistake the wash for a dumping ground. People leaves some of the strangest things lying around (bed frames, cabinets, car doors, etc.)...if they really don't want it it would be great if they could place it into our big dumpster themselves. Nah, that would be to easy. Just leave it for the lady that cleans up after us. She can get it in there with all her muscles.
As for the mud and dirt...I don't mind cleaning that up. That is all that I expected to have to clean up. Isn't that what a car wash is for? To wash dirt from your car?
OK...rant over. I feel much better now and am ready to face another 3 hours at the car wash.
3 comments:
I would hate that! But they obviously have seen how enormously you are built and figure you can get those heavy unwanted items into the dumpster!
And this reminds me I really need to wash my car.
We have neighbors in our condo that used to leave their butts all over and they have to pass our dor to get to theirs. I was about to do this, but someone did before me; they put up signs that say to pick up your butts since it's trash. People have been a little better since.
What a pain for you!
Yep, people are trashy alright! Sorry you have to clean up after them. Not a fun job...
Post a Comment