Saturday, September 27, 2008

Soccer Fans

Of all the sports we have had the kids try out soccer seems to be the favorite. Not just for the kids but for the parents. It is fun to watch the kids go from being terrified of the ball and the possibility of getting kicked (on the first and second grade teams) to gaining confidence in themselves and how to handle the ball. They learn to work together as a team and just have fun!

We have been having soccer games every Tuesday and Thursday for the last month and a half. It has been a joy to see how the kids skills have improved and how much fun they have.

Shaelynns team has been trying hard but were only able to win two games. Despite the losses their team has remained positive and just have fun! Shane was able to help coach their team when the "real" coach was late for the game. This is good Father Daughter bonding when the Dad can keep his temper. LOL.


Cory lucked out and got an amazing team. They only lost one game and have a great chance of winning first place. We start elimination games next week and are hoping for the best.

2 comments:

LisAway said...

Oh! Great that your kids have found something they love. I always sort of wished I'd been involved in some kind of sport. I guess I WAS into jumproping, for a while!

Love the pictures of your soccer kids!

Susan said...

Soccer is our favorite sport too. I can't STAND watching the teeball,softball,baseball games of the spring! Ditto on watching the kids improve. I love that they have fun. Our kids have almost never won a game, but I think it's almost better that they just see it as a fun thing to do at this point. When we saw a little friend on another team last saturday who was all upset cuz his team lost I realized that I'm sort of glad that I don't ever have to deal with that, since they really don't ever expect to win. Thomas is just excited to help with a goal and Tyra's team is seriously just happy to get the ball past the middle line! (midfield?)